Taiwan’s Berg Wu is your 2016 World Barista Champion! From a total field of 61 competitors, Wu has emerged to become the 17th WBC champ since the competition’s inception in 2000.
We’ll have much more on this incredible win up shortly here on Sprudge Media Network. For now, here are the top six standings from today’s finals. In our hearts, all of these competitors are champions. Congratulations, all.
1. Berg Wu, Simple Kaffa, Taiwan @simplekaffa
2. Yoshikazu Iwase, Rec Collective Co., Japan @y_iwase @REC_COFFEE
3. Ben Put, Monogram Coffee, Canada @putankhamun @monogramco
4. Lem Butler, Counter Culture Coffee, United States of America @sexyfoam @counter_culture
5. Charlotte Malaval, Ditta Artigianale, France @MalavalC @ditta_art
6. Lex Wenneker, Espresso Service West, The Netherlands @lexwenneker @SpecialCoffeeNL