From a field of 36 competitors, we’ve not narrowed it down to the six brewers that are gonna be pourin’, filterin’, and immersionin’ one last time tomorrow for a chance to take home the title of 2016 World Brewers Cup Champion. The action was hot, and I’m not just talking about the water. We truly saw the best of the best over the last two days.
There was a lot of creativity amongst this year’s competitors. So many things mine eyes hath never seen before happened on the Brewers Cup stage. But as crazy as some of the methods may have seemed, the proof was in the pudding. And the pudding, in this case, was delicious, delicious coffee. It’s pretty easy to see why all these competitors were champions of their respective countries, but unfortunately not everyone can move on to the Finals. The judges had a hard road ahead of them choosing only six, but they somehow did it. Here are the six World Brewers Cup Finalists.
1. Todd Goldsworthy, Klatch Coffee, USA
2. Chad Wang, Jascaffee China, Taiwan
3. Tetsu Kasuya, Coffee Factory, Japan
4. Odd-Steinar Tøllefsen, Supreme Roastworks AS, Norway
5. Mikaela Wallgren, The Coffee Collective, Finland
6. Benny Wong, The Cupping Room, Hong Kong
See you tomorrow for live coverage of the 2016 World Brewers Cup Finals!