This is the Round One schedule for the 2016 United States Barista Championship, happening on Friday, April 15th in Atlanta, Georgia. This is the “at large” opening round of the USBC, with the top six competitors advancing to the Semi-Finals on Saturday, where they will meet the 12 winners from the Regional Qualifier that took place in Kansas City, Missouri earlier this year. Of those 18, six will go on to compete in the Finals on Sunday.
All times EST. Official Livestream here.
3. 9:53 Jeremy Sterner, Peregrine Espresso, Washington, DC @peregrinedc
4. 10:12 Kelly Sanchez, Blue Bottle Coffee Co., Oakland, CA @bluebottleroast
8. 11:33 Isaiah Sheese, Archetype Coffee, Omaha, NE @archetypecoffee
9. 11:52 Sean Hundley, One Line Coffee, Columbus, OH @onelinecoffee
11. 12:30 Jonathan Moehlig, Land of a Thousand Hills, Roswell, GA @1000hillscoffee
14. 1:32 Joel Bigelow, PT’s Coffee Roasting Co., Topeka, KS @ptscoffee
18. 2:48 Micah Sherer, Ally Coffee, Taylors, SC @micahsherer
20. 3:31 Jon Lewis, Deeper Roots Coffee, Cincinnati, OH @deeperrootsdrc
22. 4:09 Jon French, Old World Coffee, Reno, NV @oldworldcoffee
24. 4:47 Talya Strader, Equator Coffees & Teas, Oakland, CA @equatorcoffees