Two days of hot coffee action are in the books! That means there’s only one day left to crown the new champions in the Barista Competition, Brewers Cup, Cup Tasters, and Roasters Championship. I feel like we say it every year, but the level of competition this is higher than its ever been. But it’s not over yet. The competitors are going to have to take it up a notch for the Finals, and they no doubt will. So let’s meet them, shall we?
Here are the Finalists for the Barista Championship, Brewers Cup, and Cup Tasters.
Sprudge’s coverage of the 2017 US Barista Championship is made possible by Baratza, Cafe Imports, AeroPress, Pacific Natural Foods, Hario, and Swiss Water Decaf. All of our 2017 Barista Competition coverage worldwide is supported by Urnex Brands and Nuova Simonelli.
- Andrea Allen, Onyx Coffee Lab, Springdale, AR
- Bethany Hargrove, Wrecking Ball Coffee Roasters, San Francisco, CA
- Josh Taves, Novo Coffee, Denver, CO
- Kyle Ramage, Mahlkonig USA, Durham, NC
- Samuel Lewontin, Everyman Espresso, New York, NY
- Talya Strader, Equator Coffee & Teas, San Francisco, CA
- Chelsey Walker-Watson, Slate Coffee Roasters, Seattle, WA
- Dylan Siemens, Onyx Coffee Lab, Springdale, AR
- Jacob White, Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, San Diego, CA
- Jessica Rodriguez, Klatch Coffee, Ontario, CA
- Michael Schroeder, Oddly Correct, Kansas City, MO
- Tommy Kim, Andante Coffee Roasters, Los Angeles, CA
- Anderson Stockdale, Blacksmith, Houston, TX
- Samuel Demisse, Keffa Coffee, Baltimore, MD
- Steve Cuevas, Black Oak Coffee Roasters, Ukiah, CA
Stay tuned tomorrow to find out who wins it all.