We’re through Round One at the 2015 World Cup Tasters Championship, which means its time for a first cut. From an opening field of 36 competitors from around the globe, these 17* competitors have advanced to the second round at the World Cup Tasters.
Sprudge.com’s coverage of the 2015 World Cup Tasters Championship is made possible by direct support from Urnex Brands and Square.
* 17 Competitors due to an exact tie for 16th place!
17. Johan Dany Monteza Fernandez, Peru
16. Mateusz Petlinski, Woyton Roast Inc., Germany
15. Terukiyo Tahara, Coffee Rankan, Japan
14. Jan Richter Lorentzen, Kaffemisjonen AS, Norway
13. Vladimir Nenashev, Liberica Coffee Roasters, Russia
12. Terry Tse, Return Coffee Roastery, Hong Kong
11. Pei-Shao Chang, Independent, Taiwan
10. Juan Gabriel Cespedes, Ecomtrading Costa Rica, Costa Rica
9. Angelica Maria Arroyave Cordoba, Cooperative of Coffee Growers of the Upper West Caldas, Colombia
8. Marius Nica, Olivo Caffe, Romania
7. Krisse McGregor, Coffee Lab, New Zealand
6. Seivijus Matiejunas, Bewley’s, Ireland
5. Piotr Sowa, Relaks, Poland
4. Jorge De Leon, Castellcafe/Axiom Coffee Ventures, Guatemala
3. Zuzana Černa, Original Coffee, Czech Republic
2. Yoeri Joosten, Boot Koffie, The Netherlands
1. Zhang Zhebin, Shanghai Bohuaguoji, China
Top photo of Zhang Zhebin by Anna Brones for Sprudge.com. Want to use our photos from World of Coffee Gothenburg? Contact us.